Summer is the best time to do everything that during the year is more difficult to fit into our schedules. That’s why we at LIFE medCLIFFS would like to remind you of our most summery proposals to put in your summer bucket list.
Lear with the LIFE medCLIFFS exhibition
For those days when you want to take a break from sun, beach and sea, we invite you to visit the LIFE medCLIFFS exhibition, to learn about the project and the three invasive flora species for which control and eradication work will begin in the coming months. At the exhibition you will also be able to find out about the endemic flora species of Cap de Creus that we want to promote, as well as the threat that invasive species pose to their survival.
The exhibition will be housed in four different locations in the Alt Empordà throughout the summer, in order you will be able to choose the place that suits you besttiu:
- Until 20 July, at the Old Schools in Selva de Mar.
- From 3 to 23 July at the Ecomuseum Farinera in Castelló d’Empúries.
- From 24 July to 17 September in Colera.
- From 24 July to 17 September at the Espai Cap de Creus, in Punta de Cap de Creus. WARNING! Remember that motorised access to the Punta de Cap de Creus is restricted during the summer months. Check all the details here: https://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/ca/xarxa-de-parcs/cap-creus/gaudeix-del-parc/com-accedir/index.html.
Walk, observe and record
If you like to walk along the coastal paths and take pictures of plants, become a member of the iNaturalist LIFE medCLIFFS project! You will be then part of the LIFE medCLIFFS Observer Network, so all your observations of non-native flora will be validated by experts from the Botanical Institute of Barcelona.
Help to conserve the coastal cliffs
If you can’t wait to learn about invasive plants and get involved in nature conservation, we invite you to register in the LIFE medCLIFFS Volunteer Network, which will give you access to the online course on invasive plants on the Costa Brava, as well as to participate in the collection of data on invasive flora that will be used to assess the risk of invasion and improve its management..
In September we will resume both the LIFE medCLIFFS Volunteer Network field visits and other educational and dissemination activities that we are already preparing. For the moment we already have these dates:
- 16 September 2023 – LIFE medCLIFFS Volunteering field visit
- 30 September 2023 – Guided visit about the 1240 habitat at Mas Caials
- 21 October 2023 – 1st Annual Meeting of the LIFE medCLIFFS Volunteers at the Botanical Institute of Barcelona, with a guided visit to the Botanical Garden of Barcelona and several technical presentations. There will be free transport from different parts of the Costa Brava.
Put them in your agenda right now and, if you haven’t already done so, subscribe to the LIFE medCLIFFS Newsletter to receive all the latest news straight to your inbox!