Through the management of invasive plants, LIFE medCLIFFS aims at maintaining the floristic diversity of Mediterranean cliffs, helping to ensure their conservation and prevent biodiversity loss.
We need you!
BECOME AN OBSERVER
If you are a nature lover, enjoy wandering along the coast and taking pictures with your mobile phone, you can help us to register where invasive plants are growing. Join the LIFE medCLIFFS Local Observers Network! With your pictures, we will be able to determine which areas are at-risk of invasion and define the best control strategy for the different invasive plants threatening Mediterranean cliffs.
• Consensus, watch and whitelists
• Code of conduct for potentially invasive ornamental species and quality label
• Promoting updates of the legal framework
Early detection - citizen science
• Local Observers Network to detect where invasive plants grow in the Costa Brava
• Expert Volunteers Network to monitor the evolution of invasive flora in priority areas in the Costa Brava
• Promotion of participatory networks for the management of invasive flora
• Collaborative creation of pro-biodiversity market tools
• Assessment of the perception of the impact of invasive plants on cultural ecosystem services
• Development of an invasion risk assessment system
• Invasion risk maps for 30 invasive and potentially invasive species on the Costa Brava
• Control of invasive plants in the Cap de Creus Cliffs using new and adapted protocols
• Coordinated strategy for private gardens
Transfer and replication
• Integration of the invasion risk assessment system and eradication protocols on a regional scale
• Foundations for the replication in similar areas at national and European level
Who we are
LIFE medCLIFFS is a joint initiative of different public and private non-profit organisations and counts with the invaluable support of many individual people and local organisations.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.